Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kindergarten Orientation

Yesterday Skyelar & Braydn got to go meet their new teachers and see their classrooms. Bray's teacher is Mrs. Searing, she asked the kids to decorate this person to look like themselves. Bray was so proud of her little girl! It really looks just like her, doesn't it?
Skye's teacher is Mrs. Miller, she's new this year, & pretty young, but seems very nice and organized. The first day of school is next Wed., where they actually ride the bus. It picks them up from our house at 12:14 and drops them off a few houses down at 3:33. So, I'll have a whole 3 hours with only 1 child, what will we do?? Oh, I guess she'll be napping. It seems like I might be able to keep my house clean this year with all the free time, we'll see. Probably not.
At orientation, Daddy went with Bray to her classroom and I went with Skye. We did a little scavenger hunt to find all of the fun things around the room. There are a couple kids in Skye's class that she knows and one little girls in Bray's class that she knows. I'm hoping they will really enjoy having some time away from each other and make some new friends. I think it'll be fun for them to talk about what they each did at school, since it will be different. Bray's teacher gave her a lollipop after her scavenger hunt and she thought to ask for one for Skye too:)

Mom-we would have had you monogram this little girls dress if we had more time, he he!!




1 comment:

Mary said...

Hey Melanie!
I never noticed that you had a blog and I am a super stalker : ) I can't believe you have girls that are starting Kindergarten - all 3 are so precious.